Karl-Heinz Cortrie GmbH
Cortrie Specialized Auction Sales
3 annual auctions for banknotes, coins, emergency money and decorations.
Wir akzeptieren folgende Zahlungsmöglichkeiten :
Rechnung, Überweisung, VISA-Card, Master/Euro-Card
Karl-Heinz Cortrie GmbH
Auction Conditions1. The auction is made by order and for account of the owners.
2. Minimum rise of amounts:
up to € 50.- = € 2.- up to € 1.000.- = € 50.-
up to € 100.- = € 5.- up to € 5.000.- = € 100.-
up to € 200.- = € 10.- up to € 20.000.- = € 500.-
up to € 500.- = € 20.- above € 20.000.- = € 1.000.-
3. The auction is made in Euro. Only those bids made in Euro will be considered. All prices printed in the catalogue are estimated ones. They may be outbid or underbid. Orders placed at more than 10 % below the estimated prices cannot be considered.
4. The auctioneer may refuse bids for factual reasons or lack of reliability. The Auctioneer has the right to exclude persons from the auction without giving any reason.
5. The highest bid gets the award if no higher bid is made after three calls. In case of identical bids in writing the first received bid will get the award provided no bidder in the auction hall bids higher. In case of differences of opinion about the award the item will be auctioned anew.
6. The award is a commitment for the successful bidder to purchase. With the award all risks in connection with the auctioned item are transferred directly to the buyer. Ownership, however, is passed over to the buyer only after payment of the total price (§ 455 BGB = German Civil Code)
7. On top of the purchase price buyers have to pay a premium of 20% as well as a lot charge of € 1.50. The total sum (purchase price plus 19% plus lot charge) is the basis for VAT to be charged. Exempted from VAT are buyers outside the EC. Buyers present during the auction have to pay cash to the auctioneers on the same day. For written orders payments are due within one week after receipt of invoice. Payments to us must be on basis net. All costs relating to transfer of money must be borne by the buyer. Despatch of purchased items will be arranged as fast as possible by mail at the expense of the buyer. Transport insurance based on the purchase price is covered by the auctioneers. Purchasers from abroad will have to observe all laws and regulations in respect of foreign exchange, customs duties and taxes of their country.
8. Buyers are responsible for any damages resulting from delays in taking over the goods or late payment, in particular also for foreign exchange losses and loss of interest. In such case the auctioneer may demand either fulfilment of purchase contract or compensation for non performance. In the latter case the buyer loses all rights in connection with the award. The item(s) can again be put up for auction at buyer’s expense. In that case the first buyer will be held responsible for reduced proceeds whereas he cannot lay claim to higher proceeds. Default payments as well as advance payments shall bear an interest charge of 1% per month.
9. Goods to be auctioned can be pre-inspected during the indicated times. The specifications in the catalogue were done with all possible care but do not justify responsibility (legal or for defects) under §§ 434, 459 ff. BGB.
10. Well-founded complaints are to be lodged in writing within one week after receipt of goods. Lots, collections and accumulations as well as offers for the gradings “schön” (fine) and worse are excluded from any claim. For lots the figures are always “approximate” indications even if this is not expressly mentioned in every single case. The auctioneer regrets that he cannot accept responsibility for any errors and omissions.
11. The auctioneer himself is entitled to collect and sue the buyer for purchase amounts and arrears.
12. For both parties place of fulfilment and legal domicile is Hamburg, also for the procedure of legal reminders.
13. By placing an order or through making a verbal or written bid these auction conditions are expressly accepted. Where bids are made verbally or by phone without timely written confirmation, possible mistakes are customer’s responsibility and cannot be recognised as basis for any claim.
14. The general rules & regulations for auctions applicable in Germany shall govern any transaction in respect of the auction. Only the German text “Versteigerungsbedingungen” is binding. Only German Law shall be applicable. ×